Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Benefit = SUCCESS!

So I have been part of a planning committee for a friend that I have been in 4H with for forever who was diagnosed with cancer in August. We have been planning since September and had the dinner/auction on Sunday and it was very successful!

Asia is a 15 year old girl, a sophomore at TVHS, in 4H and just an all around amazing young lady. She was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer in August and actually had, hopefully, her last round of chemo yesterday. After many nights of planning and arranging for everything to go smoothly we ended up raising over $20,000 for the Hatfield Family. When I say "we" I am meaning the whole entire community! We had all the families at the schools donate items for themed baskets, businesses donated various items to be auctioned off, students at the high school bought tshirts and other people showed up and participated in the event. So I cannot tell you how many times I had a tear in my eye or just felt blessed to be a part of this cause. Asia was healthy enough to attend on Sunday and was so pleased and thankful for everything that was done.

On friday or saturday I am going to be going to Cincinatti to help pass out teddy bears that people bought in order for Asia to pass out to other patients at the hospital. Pictures from that will be posted early next week. I am in the process of loading pictures from Sunday so maybe I can get them posted on here tomorrow.

No comments: